University of Lagos, UNILAG 2016/2017 Distance Learning Institute Admission Form for the academic session is now on sale.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the following programmes at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) which will be offered by Open and Distance Learning mode.
UNILAG DLI AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES.
- B.Sc. IN ACCOUNTING
- B.Sc. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- B.Sc. IN ECONOMICS
- B.Sc. IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- B.Sc. IN SCIENCE EDUCATION
- B. Sc. in Education/Biology
- B. Sc. in Education/Chemistry
- B. Sc. in Education/Physics
- B.Sc. in Education/Mathematics
UNILAG DLI ADMISSION GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
Candidates seeking admission to DLI must meet the minimum entry requirements of Five (5) Credits in WASSCE/SSCE/GCE/NABTEB/NECO O’Level or its equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, taken at not more than two (2) sittings.
Candidate must not be less than 21 years of age by 31st December, 2016.
Any other equivalent qualifications approved by the University Senate.
UNILAG DLI ADMISSION SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
2.1 B.Sc. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTING
The following candidates are eligible to apply:
- Graduates of University of Lagos or any other university recognized by Senate (only candidates with good degrees in relevant disciplines will be considered for admission at enhanced entry level).
- Holders of the Higher National Diploma or National Diploma or NCE in the relevant disciplines. For this Category, please note that only holders of HND with at least Upper Credit will be eligible for admissions at enhanced entry level.
- Holders of recognized relevant full professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ACIA, ACIS, ACIB, CII, may be considered for admission at enhanced level provided they have five credits at WASC/GCE/SSCE Or equivalent, which include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Holders of General Certificate of Education (Ordinary level) or the Senior Secondary Certificate/West African School Certificate “NECO’ or its equivalent with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings.
NOTE: Point of entry for candidates in categories a, b and c will depend on details of their Transcripts and such candidates must also satisfy the WASC/SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level, NECO requirements as stated in (c) above.
2.2. B.Sc. PROGRAMME IN ECONOMICS QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR ONE
SSCE/NECO 5 credits to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any other two (2)subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
2.3. B.Sc. PROGRAMME IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR ONE SSCE, /NECO 5 credits to include English Language, Mathematics, Government plus: any other two (2) subjects at not more than two(2) sittings.
2.4. B.Sc. EDUCATION SCIENCE PROGRAMME QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR ONE
Applicants must have relevant professional experience, plus any ONE of the following three qualifications:
- SSCE/WASC/General Certificate of Education (Ordinary level), NECO or its equivalent with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics and at least two science subjects; or
- Teacher’s Grade II Certificate with at least-Merits in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and at least two science subjects at the TCII/SSCE/WASC/NECO/GCE (Ordinary Level) or its equivalent;
- Any other qualification that may be considered equivalent to (a) and (b) above, by the University Senate.
QUALIFICATION FOR ENTRY INTO YEAR TWO
- The General Certificate of Education ‘O’ level or the West African School Certificate, SSCE, NECO or its Equivalent with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics of which at least two must have been passed at the Advanced Level (in proposed subjects of study) provided that no subject is counted at both levels;
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) obtained from the former College of Education, University of Lagos, in the Science subjects to be offered, or from any College of Education recognized by the Senate of the University of Lagos.
UNILAG DLI ADMISSION METHOD OF ADMISSION.
Step 2: Applicant goes to any of the designated banks – Ecobank, Access, Wema, UBA, Zenith or First Bank and pays the application fee of N17,500 (Seventeen thousand, five hundred Naira) only; broken down as follows:- N15,000 application fee; N2,500 e-processing fee. Candidate will be given a receipt which contains a CON – Confirmation Order Number.
Applicant is given online access to the Application Form at www.dli.unilag.edu.ng
and fills in all necessary information, submits and prints a copy. (Applicant is also given the opportunity to save Application Form and later complete the Form in case certain information are not readily available).
- Applicants for Distance Learning Institute programme shall not be less than 21 years of age by 31st December, 2016.
- Offer of admission to programme listed above are subject to viable number of qualified applicants.
- On-line Print Out Results Slips will not be honored at the point of registration.
- Candidate awaiting results need not apply.
- Certificates and not statement of result slips are acceptable for WASC/SSCE/GCE/NECO results obtained before 2008
- All completed application forms are to be submitted on or before 30th May, 2017.
- Candidates should be on the look out for the date and details of a selection test.
For further Assistance, applicants may call any of these Help Lines: +234-1-293-0910, +234-907-368-9973, +234-907-342-3647; E-mail Address: