Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Ph.D programmes of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina for the 2016/2017 academic session commencing in March, 2017.
- qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidate must state the proposed area of Research and submit a synopsis of not less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
In addition to the requirements above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s matriculation requirements i.e five credit passes at the O’level to include English and Mathematics.
All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
UMYU POSTGRADUATE AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
- M.Ed. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. Education Management
Department of Library and Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Department of Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
Department of History and Security Studies
- M.A History
- Ph.D. History
Department of Islamic Studies
- M. A. Islamic Studies
- Ph.D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
Department of Geography
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
- M.Sc. Geography
- Ph.D. Geography
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Mathematics
Department of Biology
- Postgraduate Diploma – 2 to 4 Semesters
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD) – 2 to 4 Semesters
- M.A./M.Sc. – 4 to 6 Semesters
- Ph.D – 6 to 10 Semesters
UMYU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION METHOD OF APPLICATION
All candidates are expected to request their previous institutions to forward copies of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B, to the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.