Bayero University Senate at its 355th Meeting held on Wednesday 16th August, 2017 has approved the expulsion of 17 students due to irregularities discovered in their entry qualifications. It has also exonerated three others for failure to establish any case of irregularities against them.
This was contained in a statement jointly signed by the Chairman and Secretary, Senate Committee on Entry Qualifications, Professor Bala Sidi Aliyu and Hajiya Amina Umar Abdullahi. The punitive measures were taken in accordance with category 3.6 of the General Examinations and Academic Regulations (GEAR) and after following due process.
The statement gave the names of the expelled students as follows:
- Yahaya Shuaibu Muhammad (SCI/09/BCH00541)
- Khadija Ibrahim (CSI/13/BIO/00284)
- Yusuf Usman Abdullahi (SCI/11/CHE/01652)
- Mansura Mohammed Danjuma (SCI/11/CHE/01717)
- Sumayya Said Ismail (SCI/14/BIO00526)
- Ado Auwalu Malam (AIS/10/HAU/00387)
- Aliyu Musa (AIS/12/ISL/00113)
- Aminu Muhammad Usman (AIS/13/ISL/00570)
- Ibrahim Aminu Dahiru (SMS/11/MAC/01280)
- Surajo Ahmad Adamu (SMS/13/MAC/00434)
- Aliyu Haruna (SMS/12/POL/00041)
- Nurudeen Yunusa Kuta (SMS/11/ACC/01613)
- Anas Abdullahi Muhammad (SMS/14/POL/00895)
- Nusaiba Ado Gwarjo (SMS/12/ACC/00247)
- Idris Kawuwa (EDU/13/ADE/00422)
- Saidu Araga Ahmed (EDU/13/LIS/00439)
- Rafatu Abdulkareem Oyiza (EDU/13/LIS/00362)
Three students, Abdulmajid Saleh (SMS/13/PAD/00002), Mahmud Danladi (AGR/07/AGR/00008) and Yusuf Abdulmateen (ENG/11/MEC/00754) were exonerated after being cleared of irregularities in their entry qualifications. Ibrahim Idris Yakasai (SMS/10/BUS/00850) was withdrawn because the committee found him with a deficiency in his entry qualification. One other case is pending, subject to instructions given, involving Abubakar Sarkin’ya Saidu (TEC/09/MEC/00516).